Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Maybe before game 7, they have to do a few reps of “game-like simulation” with him shooting the ball on top of the three point line and finishing to the basket (most of his close range shots are either short or not able to use the right angle when he utilizes the back board).

But most Definitely in the offseason.

Pascal is a rhythm type of player, the 4 month hiatus may have disrupted that flow.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Something tells me he could have used a few more reps during the break.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Not full time
    fair enough but why not....

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i mean isn't the whole point to get giannis to play center
    Not full time

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah I don't think tying up so much money at C is a great approach anymore. You need your talent on the wings. An athletic C who hustles and has just enough of a shot to keep the defence honest is plenty. Even then, got a feeling with the bar Houston is setting we're going to have more and more teams moving away from playing any kind of C a lot of the time anyway. 5 wing players is the future.
    i mean isn't the whole point to get giannis to play center

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

We don't need Gobert. All of our core pieces are good defenders. We need more prime time offense, but not a 1 way player at the sacrifice of our identity. After Giannis and young franchise players, not too many fit that bill. Holiday and Oladipo are the 2 that I think we could get here in the next year or 2

again, short of Giannis
    thats what I am thinking.. I do think Jrue is another option but i'd rather oladipo honestly...

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

We don't need Gobert. All of our core pieces are good defenders. We need more prime time offense, but not a 1 way player at the sacrifice of our identity. After Giannis and young franchise players, not too many fit that bill. Holiday and Oladipo are the 2 that I think we could get here in the next year or 2

again, short of Giannis
    Yeah I don't think tying up so much money at C is a great approach anymore. You need your talent on the wings. An athletic C who hustles and has just enough of a shot to keep the defence honest is plenty. Even then, got a feeling with the bar Houston is setting we're going to have more and more teams moving away from playing any kind of C a lot of the time anyway. 5 wing players is the future.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

again, short of Giannis
    let's see how he recovers next year but oladipo looks poised to become one of the worst contracts in the league i think.

agreed on gobert, we have good defenders and he can't hit a three.

i'm not enamored with any of the non-kawhi/non-giannis 2021 free agents. maybe josh richardson? he has a team option for 10 million i imagine he'll decline. he looked like the second-best sixer in the celtics series. two way player that can shoot and create his own shot to some extent.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

here is my real question though... i think ican see a path to oladipo (especially over a guy like beal).. i just think the cost for victor is much better and the contract situation lines up perfectly... I also think Indiana would take Powell and filler for it.... but my real question is...

i keep hearing gobert.. do you think he truly fits..?

again, short of Giannis

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Giannis isn't coming here unless there's another A-lister plus Pascal. And I don't mean an aging Lowry. He's not coming here to get beaten by the Heat or Celtics or Nets....he may not be a front runner but he's not starting from mediocre or he might as well stay where he is (and he might)

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Fred is staying guys. The only impact his shooting struggles in the playoffs might have is making him cheaper for us. So yay?

Same with Pascal. There is a plan. They are not going to bail on it based on results from what is and has always been a placeholder season (this is true of next season too so hold onto your hats for more hot takes based on that as well). Ideally the target is Giannis but they will keep the door open for someone else as well, whether it is a lower class star like Oladipo or Gobert or they get lucky and Kawhi gets sick of LA and pines for a return to his past successes (LOL that one’s a long shot). This season and next were always about giving Pascal and FVV and OG room to grow so they know what they have in their core when the decision point comes that offseason. Get ready for a lot more of it.
    here is my real question though... i think ican see a path to oladipo (especially over a guy like beal).. i just think the cost for victor is much better and the contract situation lines up perfectly... I also think Indiana would take Powell and filler for it.... but my real question is...

i keep hearing gobert.. do you think he truly fits..?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Fred is staying guys. The only impact his shooting struggles in the playoffs might have is making him cheaper for us. So yay?

Same with Pascal. There is a plan. They are not going to bail on it based on results from what is and has always been a placeholder season (this is true of next season too so hold onto your hats for more hot takes based on that as well). Ideally the target is Giannis but they will keep the door open for someone else as well, whether it is a lower class star like Oladipo or Gobert or they get lucky and Kawhi gets sick of LA and pines for a return to his past successes (LOL that one’s a long shot). This season and next were always about giving Pascal and FVV and OG room to grow so they know what they have in their core when the decision point comes that offseason. Get ready for a lot more of it.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Bubble was not kind to Pascal. That's just it. Tatum didn't have it early and then figured it out. Maybe Pascal needs the fans behind him to encourage him. Maybe he needs the road crowd to get him going when he's not having it. Maybe he didn't get the type of training camp he needed like he usually does before preseason (in a non-bubble universe). And despite sucking hard at times in the bubble he still was pretty good in game 4. He couldn't hit his 3's but his defense was fire.

I don't want to move on from Pascal unless we're getting a star back (and that's not happening).

Everyone really should be talking about Fred though. He's been worse than Pascal in every game against Boston IMO. Even yesterday when Pascal had 5 fouls and barely played in the second half.

I am hoping for a S&T with Fred so we get something back, but wouldn't really shed a tear if he found a new home. If he stays in Toronto it'll be as a permanent SG/PG for this team. He can get you 30 and 5 steals. He's a good player. But if the goal is to get a chip and we don't have a Kawhi/Giannis/Lebron/Curry/KD on the team.. you can't give Fred the ball and make plays with it. It's not going to work most of the time. I blame him for our failure in offense this series more than anyone else (including Marc).

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

it's really just t-rex re-writing history to suit his current narrative, as is his wont.
    and here I just spent 20 minutes looking up stats on a rebuttal. Obi Wan Kenobi has a saying and it ends with me being a fool

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

Fred took 6 shots in game 6 against the Bucks, Pascal took 17. Game 6 against the Warriors, Pascal had the most shots on the team and tied Lowry for 26 pts. Nobody remembers that.
    also led the team in FG %age and hit the most important shot of the series with 28 seconds left.

t-rex posted about what a huge game it was just a few weeks ago when sportsnet was replaying all the games.

now he sucks though and needs to be traded.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X