No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad everyone seems in agreement here.

We can't afford to lose Pascal for nothing next offseason.

That means he either takes the max extension now, or we trade him.

If he pulls the same shit as at the draft and says he won't resign anywhere else, we trade him anyways and accept a lesser return. Pretty much what SA had to do with Kawhi when we got him.

We still sent them DD, Poeltl, and a pick. If Pascal got a lesser version of that it's much better than nothing.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I'm glad everyone seems in agreement here.

If he pulls the same shit as at the draft and says he won't resign anywhere else, we trade him anyways and accept a lesser return. Pretty much what SA had to do with Kawhi when we got him.

We still sent them DD, Poeltl, and a pick. If Pascal got a lesser version of that it's much better than nothing.
      It isn't much of a leverage to say he won't sign anywhere else, it gives the Raptors the leverage. That just means Raptors can offer him a max extension and no super max. No other team can offer him a super max, so if he wants to stay in Toronto, he'll take the max extension, if not then he can take the offer somewhere else.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        I'm glad everyone seems in agreement here.

Pascal is different.. he's a max player. So we wouldn't lose him if we paid him the max contract (whether super or regular, depending on all-nba). So I don't know why he has to be traded. We might want to trade him if we don't think he's worth a max.. or if he's older and we want to go younger.. or the fit with Scottie, etc.. but we won't lose him because he's going to get more somewhere else like Fred just did.

OG however could leave for more. Some team could offer him the max.. and yet he's not a max player. He's never even made an all-star team. So is that something you risk by keeping him? OG's way more of a flight risk than Pascal IMO because of that.

Comment

• There goes Portland as an option.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            There goes Portland as an option.
            and yet he wants to go to Miami or Brooklyn, both will look at acquiring him. Boston did it, even Cleveland did it, but of course, it's always impossible for us to bring in a game breaker....

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

and yet he wants to go to Miami or Brooklyn, both will look at acquiring him. Boston did it, even Cleveland did it, but of course, it's always impossible for us to bring in a game breaker....
              Portland was never going to trade Lillard except where he wanted to go. Both my team and old team in shambles.

For the record, I’ve always thought adding Dame to Pascal and OG made tonnes of sense cause I think Ujiri would have been able to build a winner around that group but oh well.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Portland was never going to trade Lillard except where he wanted to go. Both my team and old team in shambles.

For the record, I’ve always thought adding Dame to Pascal and OG made tonnes of sense cause I think Ujiri would have been able to build a winner around that group but oh well.
                Yah I don't mean Dame specifically. We're just never in the mix for any game changer players even as other major and small market teams are.

Comment

Yah I don't mean Dame specifically. We're just never in the mix for any game changer players even as other major and small market teams are.
                  I'm waiting for when you accept this and move on lol.

Comment

I mean Mitchell never chose to go to Cleveland, they just traded for him.

Lillard chose Miami specifically in the recent reports.

Closest thing we came to recently is KD saying he would have been cool playing here even if we weren't on his list of destinations.

Comment

• Was thinking Pascal may not fit Darko's vision of quick decision offense. I wonder how interested Raps are on trading him?

If the team was a superstar away from contending prior to Fred leaving, they are now a superstar and starting PG away from it. No point in dragging this out.

Comment

This is why the besy way to go is draft players and patiently develop them,
                        like what Denver did.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm waiting for when you accept this and move on lol.
                          You'll be waiting awhile

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This is why the besy way to go is draft players and patiently develop them,
                            like what Denver did.
                            Let's draft the next Jokic in the 2nd round......
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Easy
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Point is they saw Jokic's potential and developed the team around him. Patiently.
                                I mean he was supposed to be fat and lazy.
                                Last edited by Kagemusha; Sat Jul 1, 2023, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X