Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Huh, or read differently, Pascal has taken a back seat in games where Scottie has been dominating, and stepped up when he hasn't been, for whatever reason. What a terrible thing to have.
    I'm not sure shooting 5/11 or 3/8 from the field while Scottie tries to drag his ass to a win is "taking a backseat". Your rose coloured glasses are showing...

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post

I'm not sure shooting 5/11 or 3/8 from the field while Scottie tries to drag his ass to a win is "taking a backseat". Your rose coloured glasses are showing...
      Personally, less concerned with individual numbers than if the team is: winning games, winning games against good teams and demonstrating an ability to play good, effective offense and defense in high leverage situations against the best teams.

So far the results and performances have been uneven. The Dallas win was certainly the most complete game in all facets but, even there, the offence collapsed late when the Mavs dug in. Some big tests coming up with Boston and the Bucks, again, so let's see what happens.

You can argue it's early and too soon to make judgements (that's what I would normally say) but they've only got until the trade deadline which is only about 30 games or so away, so we need to see that high level performance and those winning results sooner rather than later.

Comment

• To Pacers: Siakam
        To Raps: Theis, Nembhard (or TJ McConnell), Buddy Hield + FRP

Not a big upside trade, but it gives us some depth at C and shooting at the guard spots. Also, Buddy's contract is expiring.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Personally, less concerned with individual numbers than if the team is: winning games, winning games against good teams and demonstrating an ability to play good, effective offense and defense in high leverage situations against the best teams.

So far the results and performances have been uneven. The Dallas win was certainly the most complete game in all facets but, even there, the offence collapsed late when the Mavs dug in. Some big tests coming up with Boston and the Bucks, again, so let's see what happens.

You can argue it's early and too soon to make judgements (that's what I would normally say) but they've only got until the trade deadline which is only about 30 games or so away, so we need to see that high level performance and those winning results sooner rather than later.
          Trade deadline is in February. Mid December is typically when newly acquired free agents can be moved. Guys like Dennis and McDaniels on our team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            To Pacers: Siakam
            To Raps: Theis, Nembhard (or TJ McConnell), Buddy Hield + FRP

Not a big upside trade, but it gives us some depth at C and shooting at the guard spots. Also, Buddy's contract is expiring.
            Raptors should try to get a shot creator in a Pascal trade. Perhaps that FRP can turn into that, but I don't see Nembhard being able to create. He's a good solid point guard. But not a guy you can get 20ppg from. Of course he's young.

I mentioned a Herro centric trade earlier. I would want a guy in his mid 20's that can consistently put points on the board. Of course Herro is out for like 2 weeks with some ankle issue now.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Raptors should try to get a shot creator in a Pascal trade. Perhaps that FRP can turn into that, but I don't see Nembhard being able to create. He's a good solid point guard. But not a guy you can get 20ppg from. Of course he's young.

I mentioned a Herro centric trade earlier. I would want a guy in his mid 20's that can consistently put points on the board. Of course Herro is out for like 2 weeks with some ankle issue now.
              That's why I like the Colin Sexton trade better. He's had multiple seasons at > 20ppg and > 27% USG. Not super efficient, mind you, but perfect off the bench.

Comment

Trade deadline is in February. Mid December is typically when newly acquired free agents can be moved. Guys like Dennis and McDaniels on our team.
                Agreed that's the first trade window but do you believe this front office will pull the trigger then? There's a good chance this team is like 12-12 at that point. What do you take from that? I honestly don't know.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Agreed that's the first trade window but do you believe this front office will pull the trigger then? There's a good chance this team is like 12-12 at that point. What do you take from that? I honestly don't know.
                  I think they wait until February. The last time Masai made an early "big" trade was with Rudy Gay and that was about a decade back now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's why I like the Colin Sexton trade better. He's had multiple seasons at > 20ppg and > 27% USG. Not super efficient, mind you, but perfect off the bench.
                    Another option could be with Houston. Send Pascal to Houston for a Jalen Green package. Pair Pascal with Fred again.

Maybe Green, Brooks and another prospect like Whitmore or Eason for Pascal. Can happen mid December since Brooks can't be dealt until then.

Comment

Another option could be with Houston. Send Pascal to Houston for a Jalen Green package. Pair Pascal with Fred again.

Maybe Green, Brooks and another prospect like Whitmore or Eason for Pascal. Can happen mid December since Brooks can't be dealt until then.
                      It's all contingent on whether Pascal agrees to re-sign - his trade outcomes range from poo-poo platter to prospects & picks. That's why I re-iterate that we needed to consider trades way earlier in his contract. And for Masai to be waffling on Pascal at this late stage, it's already a huge fail.

Comment

• What is holding up is Masai having an offer in his head for him to say yes to a deal but so far is getting penny on the dollar deal from some teams.

We have to really really hope that the two games of Pascal against Milwaukee and against Dallas were great enough reflections and prelude of his upcoming performances until the deadline. He is way too talented to be shitting the bed UNLIKE that player with a similar expiring contract early last season heading to February.

This contingency of him not re-signing takes away the leverage of Masai but that MAY NOT EVEN MATTER to desperate teams needing a significant piece like Siakam who is showing ALL NBA numbers from now until deadline.

There is still that window as well that Pascal and Masai can meet halfway and commit to a long term contract.

So fluid and at the same time suspenseful.
                        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Nov 10, 2023, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Rough
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Rough
                            The Milwaukee game was a blowout game so of course he went 5-8.

But anyway, Siakam's been in the league for 7 years now and he still doesn't know his strengths as a player. Enough is enough.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I really don't like the way the offence has changed the last couple of games. Scottie has been relegated to the perimeter once again. He needs to be a slashing power forward. His shot looks good and I still trust it, but that doesn't mean he should be used as a floor spacer while Pascal is on the floor.

Comment

• This dude is “all NBA” and he’s had 2 good games. Out of 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X