X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

That's been New Yorks entire plan since Patrick Ewing left in 1999
    And a big thank you to the Knicks for showing everyone else how foolhardy it is

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post

It’s obviously good to have hope, but you can’t bank your franchise planning completely around a free agent. I trust that’s not what Masai is doing lol
    That's been New Yorks entire plan since Patrick Ewing left in 1999

Leave a comment:

replied

If he leaves, its for LA, Miami, New York, maybe Dallas, maybe Golden State, maybe Boston...

Toronto is a not a player. The sooner we accept this the easier it will be. And I'm an optimist around here, guys.
    It’s obviously good to have hope, but you can’t bank your franchise planning completely around a free agent. I trust that’s not what Masai is doing lol

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah.. their second best player is probably journey man George Hill. But they are still so good when Giannis plays.
    Ooof, you just went and done did Middleton dirty on that one

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

I hear you.. playoffs is what usually matters. But I've seen a few Buck games. They are so damn dominant when Giannis plays. And we don't have Kawhi anymore. Would be great if we continue to beat them and Giannis pulls a Durant. But I just think he's wired differently. He has no reason to leave a supermax contract. I think he'd rather try to beat us than play with us.
    If he leaves, its for LA, Miami, New York, maybe Dallas, maybe Golden State, maybe Boston...

Toronto is a not a player. The sooner we accept this the easier it will be. And I'm an optimist around here, guys.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Look at how good Toronto is without Kawhi. Then look at bucks roster without giannis. That supporting cast is nothing special. I think theyd be the Detroits and the orlandos, scraping for 41 wins
    Yeah.. their second best player is probably journey man George Hill. But they are still so good when Giannis plays.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Regular season success if fun, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't finish the job in the playoffs. Our best chance is to just keep beating the Bucks in the postseason and preventing them from reaching the finals. Giannis has gone on record that he want to win if Milwaukee but if he can't get a championship he would look to go somewhere he could win a championship and want the front office to put him in a position to win. I think the bucks made there first misstep choosing brook lopez and george hill over Brogdon.
    I hear you.. playoffs is what usually matters. But I've seen a few Buck games. They are so damn dominant when Giannis plays. And we don't have Kawhi anymore. Would be great if we continue to beat them and Giannis pulls a Durant. But I just think he's wired differently. He has no reason to leave a supermax contract. I think he'd rather try to beat us than play with us.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Regular season success if fun, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't finish the job in the playoffs. Our best chance is to just keep beating the Bucks in the postseason and preventing them from reaching the finals. Giannis has gone on record that he want to win if Milwaukee but if he can't get a championship he would look to go somewhere he could win a championship and want the front office to put him in a position to win. I think the bucks made there first misstep choosing brook lopez and george hill over Brogdon.
    Look at how good Toronto is without Kawhi. Then look at bucks roster without giannis. That supporting cast is nothing special. I think theyd be the Detroits and the orlandos, scraping for 41 wins

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I'm still not confident that Masai will be able to land him.. I think he's going to go back to the Bucks. They can offer him the super max. I think they'll get to 60 wins again. They're plowing through teams. Won by like 20+ against the Pistons last night. I think it's there 12th win in a row.

Giannis doesn't need to play with another star.. he never trains with them in the off season. He doesn't have an NBA "home" like Kawhi had in LA. He has connections with Masai, but he'll have stronger ones with the Bucks.

We missed our chance by not trading for a pick in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Fingers crossed he does, but winning genuinely seems to be what drives him and he's doing just that with the Bucks. Really hope they get knocked out early in the playoffs.
    Sure, but what is the biggest reason the Bucks are winning? hint: it ain't Bledsoe or Brook Lopez. We've constantly seen guys leave even if they're winning, and go create super teams. Giannis holds all the power, and it is not difficult for him to join a new team and win 60 games again. He wouldn't pick Sacramento or Phoenix I'm assuming

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

I'll believe a global icon stays in Wisconsin when I see it. Abdul jabbar was a buck too. So was ray Allen. They all leave for the bright lights. The tim Duncan type is a very rare exception.
    Fingers crossed he does, but winning genuinely seems to be what drives him and he's doing just that with the Bucks. Really hope they get knocked out early in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Bucks are going to be the best regular season team two years in a row, Giannis is likely going to be MVP again and Bucks are going to be able to pay him more money than anyone else I assume. Kawhi is the only player I think whom would leave his team under those conditions.

All Raptors can do to help their cause of landing Giannis, is to knock them out of the playoffs again. Giannis has to believe he can never win a championship with the Bucks.
    I'll believe a global icon stays in Wisconsin when I see it. Abdul jabbar was a buck too. So was ray Allen. They all leave for the bright lights. The tim Duncan type is a very rare exception.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Bucks are going to be the best regular season team two years in a row, Giannis is likely going to be MVP again and Bucks are going to be able to pay him more money than anyone else I assume. Kawhi is the only player I think whom would leave his team under those conditions.

All Raptors can do to help their cause of landing Giannis, is to knock them out of the playoffs again. Giannis has to believe he can never win a championship with the Bucks.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I'm still not confident that Masai will be able to land him.. I think he's going to go back to the Bucks. They can offer him the super max. I think they'll get to 60 wins again. They're plowing through teams. Won by like 20+ against the Pistons last night. I think it's there 12th win in a row.

Giannis doesn't need to play with another star.. he never trains with them in the off season. He doesn't have an NBA "home" like Kawhi had in LA. He has connections with Masai, but he'll have stronger ones with the Bucks.

We missed our chance by not trading for a pick in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

As many know, Giannis has been my favourite non-Raptor long before he became great (as much for his off-court attitude/refusal to buddy up with the enemy as for his on-court heroics) so I'd love to see it. I just hope Siakam continues to evolves and makes us an obvious choice because this will be a very different team by 2021 as who knows where and what Kyle, Serge and Gasol will be.
    Apparently Giannis is quite proud of his Nigerian roots. Obviously with Masai here and teaming up Giannis with Pascal and OG, you could build a feel good story around the African narrative. Whatever it takes, man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X