No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I'm reading too much into the play of a star player in one preseason game, but kind of piggy backing on Samson's question on media day, that we are not catering our team play to meet that of our star player's strengths.

Could it be by design that Pascal's offensive numbers will go down?

Could removing the ball from his hands for Iso, thus creating less shot attempts bring down his numbers to a level that an ALL-NBA season is almost completely off the board?

Tin hat warning: Could Masai be responding to Pascal's comments of not wanting to sign with any team that would trade for him, (so that he could stay with Toronto and get a super max) by taking the ball out of his hands so that a super max is almost completely off the table?

Hopefully I'm wrong, but it feels very off this year.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
      I know I'm reading too much into the play of a star player in one preseason game, but kind of piggy backing on Samson's question on media day, that we are not catering our team play to meet that of our star player's strengths.

Could removing the ball from his hands for Iso, thus creating less shot attempts bring down his numbers to a level that an ALL-NBA season is almost completely off the board?

Tin hat warning: Could Masai be responding to Pascal's comments of not wanting to sign with any team that would trade for him, (so that he could stay with Toronto and get a super max) by taking the ball out of his hands so that a super max is almost completely off the table?

One easy explanation is that we've been trying really hard to trade Pascal (and continue to do so), since the draft.... but the deals aren't to Masai & Bobby's liking... partially because Pascal publicly said he's not going to immediately extend with any team, except Toronto, so he's being valued as a flight risk rental by any team that trades for him.

And that's not Pascal's fault... it's Masai & Bobby's fault for letting the contract get this close to the UFA.

Comment

I know I'm reading too much into the play of a star player in one preseason game, but kind of piggy backing on Samson's question on media day, that we are not catering our team play to meet that of our star player's strengths.

Could removing the ball from his hands allow him to be more efficient and easily be ALL NBA?

In his break out year (2018/19 Champion) he shot 55% from the field, 37% from 3 and averaged 17ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg in 32 minutes per game and just under 12 shot attempts.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Could removing the ball from his hands allow him to be more efficient and easily be ALL NBA?

In his break out year (2018/19 Champion) he shot 55% from the field, 37% from 3 and averaged 17ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg in 32 minutes per game and just under 12 shot attempts.

If he drops 3 shot attempts per game but increases his effectiveness and plays 35 minutes per game he could be putting up 21, 8 and 5 in greatr shooting splits. Looks like all star numbers to me if we're winning.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Could not edit my forst post and realized I projected his rebounding number at 5 not 8
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Set aside the obvious that Pascal is a flight risk to any team who would acquire him….

but if they ever trade him before the Feb 2024 deadline, the two teams I am “pipe dreaming” Masai/ Bobby would call are the:

Sixers:
              Pascal and Malachi for Maxey and Harris (matching salaries)

or

Jazz:
              Pascal and Malachi for Markannen and Sexton (matching salaries)

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                Set aside the obvious that Pascal is a flight risk to any team who would acquire him….

but if they ever trade him before the Feb 2024 deadline, the two teams I am “pipe dreaming” Masai/ Bobby would call are the:

Sixers:
                Pascal and Malachi for Maxey and Harris (matching salaries)

or

Jazz:
                Pascal and Malachi for Markannen and Sexton (matching salaries)
                Lol
                You think Nurse would want Malachi?

Comment

• kagemusha wrote: View Post

lol
                  you think nurse would want malachi?
                  lol

Comment

• Malachi is an expiring, probably a totally negligible asset. Morey and Embiid may convince Pascal to sign long term.

I am trying my best to satisfy my craving of Maxey and Scottie paring here so be patient on me Kag LOL

Comment

We won't pay him the supermax even if he qualifies for it. It's entirely up to the team, not like he automatically gets supermax if he gets an all nba nod. So I don't think us trying to prevent him from being all nba is what's happening.

I think it's entirely we still want to trade him and if we extend him we can't until next offseason.

We could extend him in January and he'd be trade eligible early next offseason so we're probably gonna keep fielding offers until then and bite the bullet if we don't find one.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        Malachi is an expiring, probably a totally negligible asset. Morey and Embiid may convince Pascal to sign long term.

I am trying my best to satisfy my craving of Maxey and Scottie paring here so be patient on me Kag LOL
                        I really like Maxey as well. Another guy in a similar mould that I think could fit with Barnes (if that is the directionthe team is taking) is Quicky. He's a little older and less dynamic, but would be cheaper and fit the timeline. There is a lot of guard competition in NY as well.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Lol
                          You think Nurse would want Malachi?
                          Please make this happen.

#Sixer Nation

Comment

• Why would the sixers trade something for Pascal when they could just sign him in the offseason?

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                              Why would the sixers trade something for Pascal when they could just sign him in the offseason?
                              This is a valid point but my take on this common feedback is that there is always a huge benefit for the team acquiring him before the deadline of getting his bird rights. In addition, even though Pascal didn’t express his desire to be traded somewhere else or to a specific team as of this writing, if the Sixers would trade for him for example, they have a few months from the Feb deadline until the playoffs to convince him to stay (courtship period) when he becomes a free agent after this season. Kyrie who was a rental at that time, the Mavs traded the kitchen sink for him. He felt wanted by Dallas and I think Pascal would want that as well if the Sixers will trade for him.

The Brooklyn Nets have officially agreed to trade Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks, the team announced Monday. The Nets receive Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith and future Draft picks in the deal.

Brooklyn receives:
                              • Spencer Dinwiddie
                              • Dorian Finney-Smith
                              • 2027 second-round pick
                              • 2029 first-round pick (unprotected)
                              • 2029 second round-pick

Dallas receives:
                              • Kyrie Irving
                              • Markieff Morris
                              Free agent Kyrie Irving has agreed to a three-year, $126 million contract to return to the Dallas Mavericks, with a player option in third season, @TheAthletic @Stadium learned.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                                Why would the sixers trade something for Pascal when they could just sign him in the offseason?
                                But will Sixers have enough cap space for a Pascal sized max ($45-50M range). They're only projecting about $33M in cap for 2024.

Comment

Working...
                                X