Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm not sure, why everyone always defends him, this is his fifth year in the league and he still plays like s#@t,the guy always cries on every call and act's like little kid. When his on the floor..raps get exposed,bc of his weak defending and can't defend the pick and roll,even Bebe is better than him. Raps won't go far with him..also wasn't it last year he got injured in the first rd and Bismack took over and change the whole emphasis on raptors getting passed first rd and making with Bismack,bc he can f#@king play pick an roll and defend the interior defensive area. Raps will b lucky 2 get lucky through first rd if his still on the team,if raps are serious of being competitive against Cleveland they need 2 get serious and move him with some other parts 2 get another star 2 help out Derozan and Lowry,this team is close. U have all the pieces, Masai gotta pull the trigger and go for it.


    P.S

    I gave him D Rating,bc that's what he deserves this year..
    Everyone have great year and Happy New Year..
    Peace...
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

    Comment


    • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure, why everyone always defends him, this is his fifth year in the league and he still plays like s#@t,the guy always cries on every call and act's like little kid. When his on the floor..raps get exposed,bc of his weak defending and can't defend the pick and roll,even Bebe is better than him. Raps won't go far with him..also wasn't it last year he got injured in the first rd and Bismack took over and change the whole emphasis on raptors getting passed first rd and making with Bismack,bc he can f#@king play pick an roll and defend the interior defensive area. Raps will b lucky 2 get lucky through first rd if his still on the team,if raps are serious of being competitive against Cleveland they need 2 get serious and move him with some other parts 2 get another star 2 help out Derozan and Lowry,this team is close. U have all the pieces, Masai gotta pull the trigger and go for it.


      P.S

      I gave him D Rating,bc that's what he deserves this year..
      Everyone have great year and Happy New Year..
      Peace...
      The starters with PP is literally the third most potent (net rating, 100+ minutes) lineup in the entire league. Clearly JV doesn't always kill them when he's on the court.

      Meanwhile, the Raps were lucky to get out of the first round last season, and it was only because JV was here that they did.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        DD, Lowry and JV play together basically only against the opponents' best and together on the court they have a +7 net rating. They are the single most used threesome of players on a team on pace for 55+ wins. I think they fit together just fine.
        It amazes me how you just look at some statistic and fail to see the big picture. Look at the games and see how JV is being used !! Statistic can give you anything you want. Prime example is the post by Scraptor ( post #9649).

        The reality is Casey does not trust JV on the court with DD and KL when the game is on the line. This is a pattern that no one can deny.

        Comment


        • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure, why everyone always defends him, this is his fifth year in the league and he still plays like s#@t,the guy always cries on every call and act's like little kid. When his on the floor..raps get exposed,bc of his weak defending and can't defend the pick and roll,even Bebe is better than him. Raps won't go far with him..also wasn't it last year he got injured in the first rd and Bismack took over and change the whole emphasis on raptors getting passed first rd and making with Bismack,bc he can f#@king play pick an roll and defend the interior defensive area. Raps will b lucky 2 get lucky through first rd if his still on the team,if raps are serious of being competitive against Cleveland they need 2 get serious and move him with some other parts 2 get another star 2 help out Derozan and Lowry,this team is close. U have all the pieces, Masai gotta pull the trigger and go for it.


          P.S

          I gave him D Rating,bc that's what he deserves this year..
          Everyone have great year and Happy New Year..
          Peace...


          Such an obvious troll...

          He never cries on calls or acts like a kid...Considering how Casey treats him, he has been quite patient and mature about it.

          JV isn't the only reason why the defense is bad. Carroll is bad, Derozan is average and Siakam is bad. Combine all of that plus JV and you have a shitty defense. As DanH always says, you can just plug in Patterson (a very good team defender) and the defense improves quite a bit.

          JV carried this team in the first round against the Pacers and Heat before he got injured.

          Comment


          • McRealistic wrote: View Post
            It amazes me how you just look at some statistic and fail to see the big picture. Look at the games and see how JV is being used !! Statistic can give you anything you want. Prime example is the post by Scraptor ( post #9649).
            But y'all ( JV haters ) are eager to point out JV bad stats.

            Lol.

            Comment


            • If BPM is the metric then noel is career .8 while jv is a career -.5. Noel has suffered in obpm but he'd benefit from more skilled players around him. Dbpm, what we really need at the center position, no one has had a dbpm above 3.5 in there first two seasons since David Robinson. Robinson was 4 yrs older and wasn't forced to play out of position.

              Comment


              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                But y'all ( JV haters ) are eager to point out JV bad stats.

                Lol.

                LOL, Don't start with the HATER vs Fan Boys, DD vs JV and ...

                This is about Raptors and what we are seeing. DD is dominating and JV is on the bench. Unless you think JV is a bench player, then so be it. However, I don't think JV is a bench warmer. The only reason he is on the bench in the 4th quarters is because his game does not complement KL and DD.

                Comment


                • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  LOL, Don't start with the HATER vs Fan Boys, DD vs JV and ...

                  This is about Raptors and what we are seeing. DD is dominating and JV is on the bench. Unless you think JV is a bench player, then so be it. However, I don't think JV is a bench warmer. The only reason he is on the bench in the 4th quarters is because his game does not complement KL and DD.
                  Seeing what, exactly, huh? DanH just gave us some interesting statistics to look at(or analyze), but you're just dismissing it. Cuz your eyes say otherwise.

                  That's what I hate most about this forum.

                  DanH for president

                  His posts are informative and research-based.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Fri Dec 30, 2016, 10:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    LOL, Don't start with the HATER vs Fan Boys, DD vs JV and ...

                    This is about Raptors and what we are seeing. DD is dominating and JV is on the bench. Unless you think JV is a bench player, then so be it. However, I don't think JV is a bench warmer. The only reason he is on the bench in the 4th quarters is because his game does not complement KL and DD.
                    You say that's the reason. I don't think so though. He has been on the court in clutch minutes in 11 games to Nogueira's 7 this year. With some games closing with Pat at C for matchup purposes (matchups where no C will work, not specifically JV). His on court net rating in the clutch is +8, right around most of the rest of the team except the small sample guys. In the 11 games he's played clutch minutes in, he's averaged 3.5 clutch minutes played - more clutch minutes per active game than anyone else on the team. In other words, the games that are back and forth down the stretch that really go to the wire, he's most likely to play in those ones. Meanwhile the team has been at its very best in the clutch defensively with JV on the floor with an 87.6 DRTG, best on the team except for Carroll (who has played 17 clutch minutes to JV's 39).

                    Mostly if JV is not on the floor to close out games, Patterson is playing C, and Casey just loves him some small ball - that goes back to the closing lineups with Amir and Pat. There have been a few games this year where BeBe has closed in JV's place, but they have been far outnumbered by the times JV has been trusted to finish the game off, and are probably specific matchup driven or on bad nights for JV. And of course it is always possible the coach simply makes the wrong decision sometimes. But the reality is, most of the time, Casey is putting JV out there in close games.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post
                      Partial season RPM is garbage. Just look back one season to last year for a full year sample and JV is 46th among C's with a mediocre 0.64 while Kanter is a 2nd worst league wide -1.5. Or if you prefer the more stable BPM, JV has consistently floated around average (give or take half a point) while Kanter... has not (never a season better than -1, career average of -2 and most recent full seasons of -2.3 and -3.1 - that -3.1 last season was 4th worst of all players in the league last season with >1000 minutes, which is impressive, as C's have heavily positively skewed DBPM numbers).

                      DFG% is all noise, I've covered this time and time again. Points given up in pick and roll is a system thing, which has also been covered.

                      Let's say, to be fair, that the evidence that you could assemble to make that point is flimsy as all heck and using larger samples and more stable metrics tells the story I was outlining.
                      I don't understand why you get so self-righteous and dismissive when we're having a simple discussion.

                      Why didn't you use the DRPM ranks from last year? Jonas was 46th of 63 centres. That's not mediocre, that's well below average. The only currently regular starters worse than him were Myles Turner, Karl Towns, and Timofey Mozgov. Two of them were rookies and Mozgov obviously doesn't have much of a role in LA.

                      Further, using career numbers for two young players who are still improving doesn't make sense. Kanter's DBPM has improved this year so that he's 55th worst among players with 500 minutes vs 91st worst for Jonas. But if you're going to argue that DFG% is noisy, DBPM isn't much better. Neither Pau Gasol nor Dwight Powell nor Nikola Vucevic can be considered top-25 defenders... Yet that's where they are in the rankings.

                      Once again, I'm not saying Jonas is as bad as Kanter. I'm saying that this notion that Jonas is meh while Kanter is brutal exaggerates the actual gap in their defensive stats.

                      Comment


                      • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I don't understand why you get so self-righteous and dismissive when we're having a simple discussion.

                        Why didn't you use the DRPM ranks from last year? Jonas was 46th of 63 centres. That's not mediocre, that's well below average. The only currently regular starters worse than him were Myles Turner, Karl Towns, and Timofey Mozgov. Two of them were rookies and Mozgov obviously doesn't have much of a role in LA.

                        Further, using career numbers for two young players who are still improving doesn't make sense. Kanter's DBPM has improved this year so that he's 55th worst among players with 500 minutes vs 91st worst for Jonas. But if you're going to argue that DFG% is noisy, DBPM isn't much better. Neither Pau Gasol nor Dwight Powell nor Nikola Vucevic can be considered top-25 defenders... Yet that's where they are in the rankings.

                        Once again, I'm not saying Jonas is as bad as Kanter. I'm saying that this notion that Jonas is meh while Kanter is brutal exaggerates the actual gap in their defensive stats.
                        Wait, Pau Gasol is your example of DBPM being noisy when he was a top tier defender by DRPM last season, the metric you are bringing up?

                        DFG% is noisy in the sense that it is not statistically self predictive. Not in the sense that I disagree with the numbers. It's almost all noise, in the sense that if I was to use a player's current year DFG% as a predictor for their number next season, and you jus picked a number near league average out of thin air, you'd be closer than I would most of the time. The only exceptions are the truly elite and truly useless.

                        A two point spread in full season DRPM is a dramatic spread. Don't pretend otherwise. We're taking about stats where +4 is the best in the league. It's like saying a 7 point difference in PER is small.

                        Again, it's early in the season, small sample outcomes for plus minus data are notoriously unreliable, so Kanter doing less terribly so far tells us nothing. And note that his -1.5 DBPM so far is still way below JV's number. I feel like I'm still not expressing just how bad Kanter's DRPM and DBPM stats are for a big man - both stats are skewed to the stuff big men do well, and bigs tend to grade out as positive contributors defensively and negative offensively. Kanter's ratings are truly horrid and JV's are poor. Like, last season's DRPM - JV was below average for a C by about 1 point. Kanter was 2 points (plus a bit) worse than JV. We're talking about orders of magnitude worse here. Like, in stats terms, JV was in that mushy middle of the bell curve, within a standard deviation of the mean, while Kanter was that outlier point way at the bottom of the graph. No, JV is not a great defender. But he is not remotely comparable to Kanter.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • Jv avg 32 mins/g in October. 24 mins/g in December. 5 mins/g in the 4th in both months.
                          Jv is supposed to be our #3 player on our supposed contender team. Comping jv to a dleague call up, trying to stay in the league like bebe is not flattering, especially if it's debatable that jv is not clearly a better fit or more productive on this team.
                          We shouldn't be hiding jv behind pat on defense or using pat to close games vs our rivals like horford. That's a problem, no debate. That's why pat is our #3 player and that's nowhere near good enough of a frontline to contend.

                          Comment


                          • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            It amazes me how you just look at some statistic and fail to see the big picture. Look at the games and see how JV is being used !! Statistic can give you anything you want. Prime example is the post by Scraptor ( post #9649).

                            The reality is Casey does not trust JV on the court with DD and KL when the game is on the line. This is a pattern that no one can deny.
                            lol what? stop spinning the narrative. EVERYONE wanted MORE JV in 4th quarters for the past SEVERAL years. and now you're using caseys decision making as a basis of how good/bad JV is?

                            mob mentality is a sad thing.

                            Comment


                            • iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              lol what? stop spinning the narrative. EVERYONE wanted MORE JV in 4th quarters for the past SEVERAL years. and now you're using caseys decision making as a basis of how good/bad JV is?

                              mob mentality is a sad thing.
                              LOL, then what ??!! You boys need to make up your mind about why JV is not on the floor in the 4th quarter because lets face it, the moment KL signs his new deal, nothing will change for next 4 years.


                              This is KL and DD's team and everyone else is expandable

                              Comment


                              • lewro wrote: View Post
                                Jv avg 32 mins/g in October. 24 mins/g in December. 5 mins/g in the 4th in both months.
                                Jv is supposed to be our #3 player on our supposed contender team. Comping jv to a dleague call up, trying to stay in the league like bebe is not flattering, especially if it's debatable that jv is not clearly a better fit or more productive on this team.
                                We shouldn't be hiding jv behind pat on defense or using pat to close games vs our rivals like horford. That's a problem, no debate. That's why pat is our #3 player and that's nowhere near good enough of a frontline to contend.
                                DeMar is averaging 6 MPG in the 4th Q this month, is he not trusted? He and JV both don't play with the bench unit that starts the 4th. 5-6 MPG in the 4th is about right for both of them.

                                BeBe is a former borderline lotto pick, let's not pretend he's some D-League call up. He's just been buried in the rotation.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X