Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Draft 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As for draft pick, I’m still leaning towards Keon (if Suggs and Cade are gone) he has motor and skill which is always a good combination. I still have to do a deep
    dive on a few other guys but That’s the way I’m leaning right now

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

      What are you talking about now? That's a basic flow of events: First sign your target free agent. Then sign Trent. Then use the RMLE.

      Pretty straightforward.
      You went out of your way to respond to my post response to the initial poster.

      Wake up, this is not rainbow and unicorns, nothing is set in stone.

      try again

      Comment


      • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

        Lou Williams is a combo guard. Suggs sure looks like a point guard to me, just one that could easily slide to the 2 if you needed him to. Just like a Billups.
        Lou Williams primarily plays the 2. He's a 2 guard. A combo guard is a player that can play the 1 and the 2. Jamal Murray is a combo guard. Dame Lillard is a combo guard. Donovan Mitchell, CJ McCollum, LaVine, Westbrook, VanVleet....just to name a few.
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

          Because...midget backcourt?

          Also, isn't Mitchell much more a 2 than a 1?
          Welcome to the modern NBA. Donovan Mitchell is 6'1. Jamal Murray is 6'3. Lillard is 6'2. Would anyone really be upset if the Raptors trade for any of these guys?

          To answer your question, no, Davion Mitchell is a combo guard.
          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • saints91 wrote: View Post
            Miami can outright sign Lowry (depending on what Lowry is asking, and if they part ways with Depo) all the other contenders would need us to facilitate a sign and trade.

            Hopefully we get something back for him, even it’s a good bench big. Obviously we don’t want to take too much salary back.
            If Kyle and Dipo each want 25M next year on a multi year year, which way do they go? Maybe depends on how he fits in over the balance of the season but Dipo is only 28 .... Kyle may not have that many realistic landing spots.

            Comment


            • G__Deane wrote: View Post

              If Kyle and Dipo each want 25M next year on a multi year year, which way do they go? Maybe depends on how he fits in over the balance of the season but Dipo is only 28 .... Kyle may not have that many realistic landing spots.
              i think kyle has more good years left in him than oladipo does, because i think kyle has at least one.

              Comment


              • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                Lowry was the most coveted player at the trade deadline. In the eyes of a win-now team he's probably the most valuable player on our roster. Word is that the asking price for him at the deadline was quite high, and none of the offers was deemed good enough.

                So the plan now is to let him walk for nothing in free agency so we can sign.....Richaun Holmes? I know that's a position of need but I'd prefer if that was not the case. If that's the alternative I would have preferred the Duncan Robinson + 1rp package that was floated at the deadline. Robinson (or one of the Philly prospects that was offered) would be a more impactful player and the extra 1rp could be either used for a C or combined with our own pick to move higher on the draft. Our pick itself would also have been higher, since without Lowry for the rest of this season we would be worse.

                I know it's easier said than done but I hope they work out a SnT for Lowry. Like others mentioned before, it could be a re-iteration of the Rudy Gay trade, which refilled the pantry and kicked started a winning era with renewed depth. We need that again now.
                Miami didn't have a 1st to trade so I don't think that package was ever offered. They would have had to remove protections on another 1st they traded and they did not do that. I think if we had gotten any offers that included a 1st Lowry would be gone. The Miami offer was likely Robinson and high salary filler.

                We got Trent Jr. as our SG of the future and I think he is quite a bit better than Robinson so that deal didn't make sense for us. Better just to see what offers are available for a S&T in the offseason.

                Comment


                • Primer wrote: View Post

                  Miami didn't have a 1st to trade so I don't think that package was ever offered. They would have had to remove protections on another 1st they traded and they did not do that. I think if we had gotten any offers that included a 1st Lowry would be gone. The Miami offer was likely Robinson and high salary filler.

                  We got Trent Jr. as our SG of the future and I think he is quite a bit better than Robinson so that deal didn't make sense for us. Better just to see what offers are available for a S&T in the offseason.
                  It's probably not fair for me to say it since Trent Jr. hasn't had an off season with the Raps or even much time to learn the basics of the system they run, but I'm not as sure as you that he will be our our SG of the future...at least not as a starter.

                  He's definitely a solid player and I wouldn't mind seeing him get some run as a SF with OG and Siakam as PF and C in a small ball line up. However, so far from what I've seen Trent Jr. seems more like a catch and shoot type player, your typical 3 & D. This team if it wants to get to the next level HAS to get a dynamic scorer that can do it at all 3 levels. You can't have FVV averaging an inefficient 20ppg as your second best scorer. Based on where most think we are going to make our pick (6-12 range) I'd like to see the Raps pick up someone like Bouknight or Mann, shooting guards with decent size and project as high level scoring threats. Don't know much about them as defenders though which is an important factor as well.

                  Comment


                  • LJ2 wrote: View Post

                    It's probably not fair for me to say it since Trent Jr. hasn't had an off season with the Raps or even much time to learn the basics of the system they run, but I'm not as sure as you that he will be our our SG of the future...at least not as a starter.

                    He's definitely a solid player and I wouldn't mind seeing him get some run as a SF with OG and Siakam as PF and C in a small ball line up. However, so far from what I've seen Trent Jr. seems more like a catch and shoot type player, your typical 3 & D. This team if it wants to get to the next level HAS to get a dynamic scorer that can do it at all 3 levels. You can't have FVV averaging an inefficient 20ppg as your second best scorer. Based on where most think we are going to make our pick (6-12 range) I'd like to see the Raps pick up someone like Bouknight or Mann, shooting guards with decent size and project as high level scoring threats. Don't know much about them as defenders though which is an important factor as well.
                    A lot is on the line with who they eventually pick. Why I said that the rookie has to be almost NBA ready ready to be inserted to the rotation.

                    There is also a good chance they get a Jabari Parker or a Wiggins. Both of whom were forecasted as dynamic wings also.

                    Or they wait for the greenhorn to develop until Siakam and Van Vleet are past their prime or their values have significantly decreased that they may just end up being waived so both can sign to a contender as bench fillers aiming to get another ring (ala Blake Griffin, Drummond, Aldridge, Cousins)

                    Because shit happens


                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Apr 9, 2021, 11:43 AM.

                    Comment


                    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                      A lot is on the line with who they eventually pick. Why I said that the rookie has to be almost NBA ready ready to be inserted to the rotation.

                      There is also a good chance they get a Jabari Parker or a Wiggins. Both of whom were forecasted as dynamic wings also.

                      Or they wait for the greenhorn to develop until Siakam and Van Vleet are past their prime or their values have significantly decreased that they may just end up being waived so both can sign to a contender as bench fillers aiming to get another ring (ala Blake Griffin, Drummond, Aldridge, Cousins)

                      Because shit happens

                      Siakam and FVV are better now than they were during our championship run. They've improved significantly in many areas since then, but they need to play off a star in order to shine, similar to how Klay looks great with Steph. He probably wouldn't if he was the number one guy somewhere. If you were to add Kawhi to this roster now, Siakam and FVV would look like top 20 players. So yes, they absolutely need this pick to be a bona-fide star or be able to trade it for one.

                      If not which is most likely we will still be a much improved team from this season. Whomever they draft will at least add much needed depth.

                      Comment


                      • Toronto sucks. Almost last place.
                        Y'all still talking like they are one move away.
                        Hilarious

                        Comment


                        • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Toronto sucks. Almost last place.
                          Y'all still talking like they are one move away.
                          Hilarious
                          Missed you.

                          Comment


                          • The Great One wrote: View Post

                            Lou Williams primarily plays the 2. He's a 2 guard. A combo guard is a player that can play the 1 and the 2. Jamal Murray is a combo guard. Dame Lillard is a combo guard. Donovan Mitchell, CJ McCollum, LaVine, Westbrook, VanVleet....just to name a few.
                            Combo guard is an overused term that pretty much means a small shooting guard that could play the 1 in a pinch but generally doesn’t.

                            That said, Mitchell is a shooting guard and Dame is a point guard because they’re so established at those position. Fred is a point guard that has been forced to play some 2. Like I said, it’s an overused term that means very little.

                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Yesterday, 10:39 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Toronto sucks. Almost last place.
                              Y'all still talking like they are one move away.
                              Hilarious
                              That one move is Kawhi coming back. Lol.

                              Comment


                              • Meh, it doesn't have to be Kawhi. Adding anyone that can relieve some pressure off Pascal and Freddy to do everything on offense will allow them to flourish. If we're talking contending though that someone would have to be top tier.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X