Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • interesting scenario. ive seen this in ppls capspace was wondering what would happen. are you saying in option C all of your rookies would receive 1 just for being drafted? then the cut ones count as 1 against? or not at all? i have no idea.
    in masai we trust

    water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

    Comment


    • the last thing we normally do in off season is years is that right? would drafting but not retaining a player at the end of the off season still require giving up that year in cap? i dont think we've had this before im also going into a similar offseason as skywalker
      in masai we trust

      water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post
        I'm pretty sure it is C. Your roster count doesn't matter in the off-season until September 1st.
        That's what I was thinking.

        Comment


        • koncept wrote: View Post
          interesting scenario. ive seen this in ppls capspace was wondering what would happen. are you saying in option C all of your rookies would receive 1 just for being drafted? then the cut ones count as 1 against? or not at all? i have no idea.
          In scenario C, I can draft 4 rookies (since rookie draft is first offseason thing), assigning contract years to each as I see fit. After drafting 4 guys, My roster will be at 19 (15 current plus 4 newbs). At the Sept 1 extension deadline, I can resign 3 of the 5 players currently on 1 year contracts (2 regular, 1 DPE), bringing my roster size to 17. At this point, I can choose to 'drop' any 2 players I want. If I choose to amnesty a player, his years will no longer count against my cap. If I simply choose to let him go, his remaining years are a cap hit for me, just as if I had dropped him on waivers.

          Comment


          • McHappy had a situation similar to this, but I believe it was that his Draft Picks would take him over the 15 man mark, not his resignings .. could be wrong.

            Axel this ring a bell for you?

            Either way, yes cap hits would remain if players were dropped and not amnestied or traded.

            Comment


            • skywalker wrote: View Post

              In scenario C, I can draft 4 rookies (since rookie draft is first offseason thing), assigning contract years to each as I see fit. After drafting 4 guys, My roster will be at 19 (15 current plus 4 newbs). At the Sept 1 extension deadline, I can resign 3 of the 5 players currently on 1 year contracts (2 regular, 1 DPE), bringing my roster size to 17. At this point, I can choose to 'drop' any 2 players I want. If I choose to amnesty a player, his years will no longer count against my cap. If I simply choose to let him go, his remaining years are a cap hit for me, just as if I had dropped him on waivers.
              Great thing about doing deals in the offseason is that everyone has cap flexibility.

              Comment


              • I think that's all basically fine so long as you have the cap space for it. You can't sign a bunch of rookie deals then use re-signs to go over the cap. Just over the roster slots.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • Good discussion. Over the cap is not where im confused. It's still a bit confusing about the rookie draft part. If I DRAFT 10 rookie picks in the offseason draft but come September 1 only keep 1 rookie, is my cap hit the rookie deal i choose + 9 (for the nine other rookies drafted automatically given 1 year?) or would a draft and discard count as 0 years. I would assume drafting would not accrue a year automatically, the NBA rookies get drafted but not signed essentially right?
                  in masai we trust

                  water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                  Comment


                  • 13 contracts 2+
                    4 unrestricted
                    4 rookies

                    choose your 3 resigns (2 fa, 1 rookie)-----16 contracts, 4 rookies, 1 drop

                    have until sep 1 to get that to 15 signed players(16+4=20), through drops and trades. contract signings can be changed up until deadline day.

                    Comment


                    • Joey wrote: View Post
                      McHappy had a situation similar to this, but I believe it was that his Draft Picks would take him over the 15 man mark, not his resignings .. could be wrong.

                      Axel this ring a bell for you?

                      Either way, yes cap hits would remain if players were dropped and not amnestied or traded.
                      Yeah we had something before and I'm 99% sure that the determination we made was you can carry more than 15 players during the off-season as long as you make moves (trades/waive players) to be at 15 in time for the next free agency auction date.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • koncept wrote: View Post
                        Good discussion. Over the cap is not where im confused. It's still a bit confusing about the rookie draft part. If I DRAFT 10 rookie picks in the offseason draft but come September 1 only keep 1 rookie, is my cap hit the rookie deal i choose + 9 (for the nine other rookies drafted automatically given 1 year?) or would a draft and discard count as 0 years. I would assume drafting would not accrue a year automatically, the NBA rookies get drafted but not signed essentially right?
                        I would assume as well that a drafted rookie would have 0 years until signed.

                        That brings up another question for me if that's the case. Is a rookie contract that is not signed yet allowed to be traded? I know we can trade picks, but can we trade a guy that was drafted, after the draft completes, but before the September 1st signing date? If they are worth 0 years, then they are effectively worth the same as a draft pick. Would they still have a DPE distinction on them if signed by the new team?

                        Comment


                        • koncept wrote: View Post

                          Its only monday? you calling it in now? you're welcome to load manage your guys if you think this weeks blowouts already out of reach
                          I now have 9(NINE!!!!) guys listed as INJ or GTD lol The GP discrepancy is just too much for even my Posse to overcome.
                          The Double Champ is here!
                          Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                          Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post
                            That brings up another question for me if that's the case. Is a rookie contract that is not signed yet allowed to be traded? I know we can trade picks, but can we trade a guy that was drafted, after the draft completes, but before the September 1st signing date? If they are worth 0 years, then they are effectively worth the same as a draft pick. Would they still have a DPE distinction on them if signed by the new team?
                            It is my understanding that you can make trades right through the off-season until Joey names the official cutoff date so that he can get the auction prepped. You're trading rights to the player but if it were a problem you could let the trade partner name the contract and announce it when you announce the trade. So you shouldn't be in trouble either way. Personally I think you could leverage more value before the pick is used than after the pick is used unless you're drafting near the top and the pick is a unanimous consensus pick.

                            DPE is awarded to drafted players who are signed. I never heard of the tag being lost via any sort of trade. I think you're safe unless there's some unwritten rule I don't know about.

                            Comment


                            • Mack North wrote: View Post

                              I now have 9(NINE!!!!) guys listed as INJ or GTD lol The GP discrepancy is just too much for even my Posse to overcome.
                              Are you coming up with... Excuses?

                              Comment


                              • Apollo wrote: View Post

                                Are you coming up with... Excuses?
                                No excuses, I put this team together. I congratulated him on his big win over the CHAMP!
                                The Double Champ is here!
                                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X